1. What are the major types of trauma?
2. What are some ways in which environmental factors can result in trauma?
3. What is the difference between an abrasion and an avulsion?
4. When is it appropriate to use tetanus toxoid in prophylactic treatment?
5. When is débridement of a wound necessary?
6. How are the depth and extent of burns assessed?
7. What are the possible effects of an electrical shock?
8. What are the types of lightning strikes? Which treatments may be required?
9. How are the signs and symptoms of heat stroke and heat exhaustion different?
10. What is the treatment for heat stroke? For heat exhaustion?
11. What are some precautions in the treatment of frostbite?
12. Which spider bites require emergency care?
13. What is Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and how is it transmitted?
14. Why is an animal quarantined after biting a human?
15. What are the signs and symptoms of a poisonous snakebite?
16. What is the relationship between repetitive activities and carpal tunnel syndrome?
17. Which physical patterns may be observed in child abuse?
18. How may elder abuse and neglect, child abuse and neglect, sexual abuse, or intimate partner violence (IPV) be noted during the history and physical examination?
19. What testing is available for the rape/sexual assault victim?
20. How can parentage be determined in the laboratory?