When planning for instruction and assessments, it is crucial to examine performance data in order to modify and adjust instruction and assessments. This not only promotes student progress, but also helps to meet the diverse learning and academic needs of all students.
Because reading and writing skills are crucial for success in all content areas, standardized tests evaluate students reading and writing skills on a regular basis. Review the “Sample Standardized Test Scores within High School Reading/Writing for Informational Text” found in topic materials. Imagine that these are last year’s reading/writing results from your high school for the students currently in your classes.
Based on the student assessment results in topic materials “Sample Standardized Test Scores within High School Reading/Writing for Informational Text”, create a 500-750 word Assessment Analysis Action Plan describing how you will adjust your instruction to close learning gaps. Include in your plan:
- A state reading or writing standard to integrate with your content area
- Patterns and gaps in learning identified within the data
- At least 2-3 supplemental reading/writing resources to integrate into your content area instruction and rationales to explain how they would be utilized
- Minimum of 2-3 lesson topic ideas with rationales that address the specific gaps in student achievement in reading/writing
- At least 2-3 assessment ideas to monitor student progress in attaining the content
- How to provide feedback to students on their progress
- How to work collaboratively with teachers in other content areas to support them in closing learning gaps
Support your action plan with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quiz
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.