Exercise I—Compare and Contrast Learning Theories
Purpose: Examine behaviorism, cognitivism, and social cognitive theories.
Directions: Discuss the theories of learning described in this chapter. Discuss the following questions and number your responses.
- 1. How are the theories alike?
- 2. How are they different?
- 3. What is the difference between learning, teaching, and health education? How would each be defined?
- 4. Do people think like computers?
- 5. How have computers influenced your way of thinking?