THE ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS ARE LISTED AND MUST BE FOLLOWED COMPLETELY. ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL CITED, IN APA FORMAT & WILL BE SUBMITTED TO TURN IT IN. TOTAL PAPER MUST BE 2000 WORD MINIMUM, NOT INCLUDING THE TITLE PAGE. EASY ESSAY PROMPT MUST BE 500 WORDS. DUE DATE IS 12/13/20 @ 12 NOON EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
Answer these essay questions:
- Explain the significance of organized crime’s alliance with politicians and business leaders. Cite specific examples (federal, state or your local community), preferably current ones in the news that are not in the textbook.
- Define the specific ways in which politicians can benefit from a partnership with organized crime, and in what ways the reverse is true. Cite one real-life example that has been covered in the news media, including what is perceived to have been gained by each side.
- This module talked about Meyer Lansky’s contribution to legitimatizing organized crime and how his involvement enables us to better understand organized crime and the corporate and political alliances. Explain your beliefs about the major influences of Lansky.
- Describe the ways by which the savings and loan (S&L) scandals represented collusion between organized crime and legitimate commerce. Provide your solution and its rationale for preventing this from happening in other businesses.
- Length: 500 words per essay prompt (2000 total for this assignment)
- Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment.
- References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly citations to support your claims.
- Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).