Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Using CDC Wonder, choose a health condition or determinant, a specific place (county or state), and a time period (years). Review the data covering a 5–10-year period. Answer the following questions:
- What are the morbidity and mortality rates for the health condition or disease?
- Choose 1 year, and review the data by age, ethnicity, and gender. Do you observe any disparities within these groups?
- What pattern or trend have you observed over the 5–10-year period?
- What are the risk factors for the disease or health condition?
- Does this information surprise you? If so, why?
- How can these data be used to inform policy and prevention and intervention programs?