The purpose of this assignment is to conduct research on potential job opportunities in your desired career field and determine the importance of tailoring a resumé and cover letter for that specific job position.
On average a resumé and cover letter have less than 10 seconds to make an impression and provide an opportunity for the applicant to move on to the interviewing process. Therefore, securing employment often hinges on creating an effective resumé and cover letter that aligns with the required job skills and experience.
Conduct research on a minimum of two potential job positions within your desired career field. Reflect in 250-500 words on the following questions regarding the specific organizations as well as the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to obtain these positions.
- Provide a brief introduction of your desired career field.
- Provide an overview of each organization and the specific position you are applying to. You are required to include the name of the company, their website, social media handles, and approximate number of employees.
- Describe 2-3 facts about the company that are interesting to you and explain why you want to work for this company in the future.
- Describe the knowledge, skills, and experience required by the job positions selected. What knowledge, skills, experiences, or other opportunities do you need to obtain in order to be eligible for these job positions?
- Explain the significance of drawing connections between the requirements listed in the job descriptions and your resumé and cover letter, relevant to your career field. Determine how you would make those connections within your resumé and cover letter to ultimately gain the hiring manager’s attention.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quiz
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.